it is labor intensive. making templates > transferring designs on rubber blocks > carving them to cleaning them > testing > readjusting > cleaning!
i particularly enjoy carving letters.
one of my favorite fonts is typewriter font. there are 3 sizes i carry in my shop ( i only make them as custom made as it takes a while ).
there are several other fonts i am planning to carve and list in m shop this year.
i recently got some questions how i clean pencil marks after carving or remained inks after stamping. there are several means.
i personally use :
- makeup remover, make up cotton pads, soap water + air dry.
there are lots of stamp cleaning supplies available :
- stamp cleaner (liquid ones for water based inks and oil based inks)
- kneaded eraser designed for cleaning stamps
- stamp scrubber (soft micro fiber attached to the pads)
- the body shop's body butter, soap water + air dry
hand carved rubber stamps are made from soft rubber...so cleaning as gentle as possible is important to keep it in good condition.